Last modified: January 15, 2023
The Cyber Insurance Professionals Association (“CIPA”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.cyberipa.com (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with applications on third party websites, if those applications include links to this policy.
Unless otherwise stated, it does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“); and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, accepting an invitation to join CIPA, nominating an individual for CIPA membership, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website [and our emails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To communicate with you.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To understand how visitors use the Website.
- To provide you with notices about your CIPA membership.
- To notify you about changes to our Website.
- To collect and process nominations for CIPA membership.
- To maintain and improve our Website and its contents and optimize your experience.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our Website.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CIPA, our members, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
Your State Privacy Rights
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information. To learn more about California residents’ privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
To learn more about consumer privacy rights in other states and how to exercise them, visit https://www.ncsl.org/technology-and-communication/state-laws-related-to-digital-privacy.
Protection of Personal Information
We use commercially reasonable measures to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Nevertheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
CIPA stores your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary for the purpose disclosed at the time of collection, to comply with legal obligations, and any other business purposes.
Links to Other Websites and Applications
We provide links to third-party websites and applications that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with us on platforms that we do not control. These third party websites and applications may collect or share information about you, but this Policy does not apply to the practices of those websites and applications. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the websites and applications with which you interact to make sure that you understand what information will be collected, used and shared when you leave our Website.
Changes to This Policy
We may update this Policy to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes, we will notify you in accordance with applicable law. We encourage you to periodically review our Website for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have questions about our privacy practices, contact us at: Contact@cyberipa.com
©Cyber Insurance Professionals Association 2023